package review checklist

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 09:27:00 UTC 2010

> Should someone write up a draft for an official package review
> checklist, and have FPC update it when guidelines change? (I guess by
> writing this email I just volunteered myself...)

How about scripting and packaging it?  Then one could just run it on
the final srpm for review.  Of course the reviewer would still need
to complete the review details themselves manually but from a decent
up-to-date template with some tedious bits hopefully filled in.
Maybe some code could also be pulled from the review-o-matic project?
With time it could be specialized also to deal with specific types
of packages (python, perl, fonts, etc) but it can start simple.
Submitters could also use it to sanity check their submissions perhaps.
Though in the longer term I still think moving package reviews from
bugzilla to a dedicated web app would make sense (oops...).

It would probably be good if someone on FPC or FESCo say owned it.

Jens