[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 18:32:22 UTC 2010

Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) said:
> Well, I am not sure what you mean by 95% coverage case. Minus bugs we
> should have 99.9% compatibility with SysV init right now. And those bugs
> we don't find if people don't use things. Feature-wise systemd is
> definitely "complete", bug-wise not really since it got only limited testing
> so far.

My concern is things that aren't done via sysvinit services, but
are currently done via upstart. Off the top of my head, that includes:

1. normal gettys
2. single-user mode
3. ctrl-alt-delete
4. prefdm starting
5. automatically starting gettys on serial consoles
6. plymouth interactions
7. ConsoleKit logging
8. system-setup-keyboard
9. readahead

Obviously, most of these are handled now, but I would suspect there are
still some gaps.

Bill