[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Jul 14 19:07:14 UTC 2010

I've been trying to test systemd on my dev box but without success so
far.  My system boots up and I get the usual GDM login screen and VTs
but I can't login.  SSH fails as well.  SSH gives me "Unable to get
valid context for jcollie" shows me the last login date and closes the
connection.  I think I'm seeing a similar message on the console but
it flashes too quickly for me to be sure.

I haven't gone as far as removing upstart and installing
systemd-sysvinit yet.  Is this my problem?  I've just been adding
"init=/bin/systemd" to the kernel boot line to try out systemd.  I'd
rather not brick this system so I thought that I'd check here to see
if I had missed anything before removing upstart.

--
Jeff Ollie