[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 14 19:09:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14.07.10 20:25, drago01 (drago01 at gmail.com) wrote:

> >> Or you could do this:
> >>
> >> /etc/systemd/system/default.target → /lib/systemd/system/graphical.target
> >>
> >> to boot into the graphical stuff by default. This is the default as we
> >> package it.
> >
> > Or you could just parse inittab and notice when runlevel 3 was listed.
> > Keeps everything nice and compatible, including existing manuals and
> > books, and sysadmin knowledge.
>
> What about the passing a runlevel number to the kernel cmdline?

That is fully supported. Systemd will translate those runlevel numbers
to native targets and execute them, overriding whatever
default.target might be pointing to.

> (Thats what I use when I want a different runlevel and not fiddle with
> random config files).

Yes, that was my thinking too, which is why we decided it was Ok to drop
inittab completely while we kept compat support for kernel cmdline stuff in.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.