[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at pobox.com
Wed Jul 14 19:18:33 UTC 2010

> I'd also argue that simply changing a symlink in /etc/systemd/system is
> a lot easier to understand and discoverable than having to edit old and
> crufty /etc/inittab which to fully understand you really must have a
> historical Unix background for.

Strangely enough, a lot of Fedora users actually have a Unix/Linux
background.  ;-)

"Easier to understand and discoverable" seems to vary from one's point
of view.  As the author of the change in question, of course it's easier
to understand and discover.

 From the standpoint of -everyone else-, the change would be breaking
scripts and human knowledge needlessly.  There is no urgent need to
eliminate /etc/inittab.

	Jeff