[HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 10:01:48 UTC 2010

> Re: cups, if the entire point is to reserve the sockets early with
> systemd, why would portrelease still be required?

Also, re: this comment:

# This is evil stuff. CUPS should use proper enumeration instead of
# retriggering these devices. CUPS folks, please fix this, otherwise Kay will
# come after you!
ExecStartPost=/sbin/udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=usb --attr-match=bInterfaceClass=07 --attr-match=bInterfaceSubClass=01
ExecStartPost=/sbin/udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=usb --property-match=DEVNAME=/dev/usb/lp*

Kay actually suggested doing this in the first place IIRC.  We have udev
triggers for when printers are connected/disconnected, but the triggers
require cupsd to be running.  The situation the above lines are to deal
with is that a new printer is connected at boot, so the (earlier) udev
trigger had to abort because cupsd wasn't running.

Tim.
*/