[HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Jul 15 15:25:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15.07.10 15:44, Tim Waugh (twaugh at redhat.com) wrote:

> The automatically created queues are configured by
> system-config-printer.  This is done using udev rules.  Those udev rules
> cannot perform their job is cupsd is not running at the moment the
> printer is connected/disconnected.  That's why we have to replay them
> when cupsd *is* started.

Extend the binary you call from the udev rules so that it also can be
called outside of the rules and in that case enumerates what is already
there. Then, call that after cupsd is started (for example from a
ExecStartPost= line in cups.service).

The actions your tool should execute on plug and on enumeration should
then become the same, without having to retrigger the events.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.