[HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 15 16:02:59 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> said:
> We have a bug open with CUPS trying to generate SSL certs on the first
> connections, being too slow and causing the client to timeout.
> So no, you can't make assumptions here.

Dovecot generating its SSL parameters can take 10 seconds on the first
startup, so that would be another one with a problem.

> So you are just re-invented sysconfig ?
> sysconfig was added exactly so that admins could change configurations
> without touching init scripts so that rpm updates would be able to
> deploy new init scripts without blowing away customizations.

I have also used sysconfig files to set special local requirements, such
as an LD_PRELOAD library to override crypt() for password-migration
compatibility.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>