Latest Rawhide breaks Xorg under VMware

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:31:49 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I was testing Fedora Rawhide (14) under VMware Player / Server 2 / ESXi
4 (My machines don't support KVM) without problem until now i can't get
X running,

Phase 1. Problem begin with indefinite restart, i have solved this by
generating xorg.conf and put VESA driver instead. RHBZ-ID: 606437

Phase 2. This week - i forgot the day that i updated fedora -, when GDM
start or starting X manually i get a black screen the problem is that
*all Xorg logs are empty* !

How i can diagnostic this issue ?

Is there some testers that use VMware (any product) to test Fedora ?

Thanks for advance.

--
Athmane Madjoudj