trouble locally reproducing koji build error

Zach Carter z.carter at f5.com
Fri Jul 16 19:52:29 UTC 2010

On Friday 16 July 2010 00:36:31 Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Any insight, tips or pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> You could modify the spec file to cat the config.log file on error,
> which should give you more clues.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did that and got a more verbose and detailed
log.[1]  Unfortunately I'm not a big enough c++/boost guru to know what it
means.  I'll keep banging away at it though.

And I still don't know why it can't be reproduced outside of koji.  I even
tried the build on one of Kevin's public machines (rawhide was natively
installed there), and the error did not reproduce.

-Zach

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=2324390&name=build.log

"...
| include <boost/program_options.hpp>
| int
| main ()
| {
| boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map dummy()
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:18263: g++ -o conftest -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -
fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic
conftest.cpp -lboost_program_options -lboost_system -lboost_regex -
lboost_program_options-mt >&5
conftest.cpp: In function 'int main()':
conftest.cpp:58:1: error:
'boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map' names the constructor,
not the type
conftest.cpp:58:54: error: expected ';' before 'dummy'
conftest.cpp:59:3: error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded
function
configure:18263: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
"