Possible update of twisted to 10.1.0

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 18 13:50:29 UTC 2010

Am Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:32:20 +0200
schrieb Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>:

> Dear maintainers of twisted-dependent packages,
>
> a while ago I asked for an update of twisted to 10.0.0. I got in
> contact with the maintainer, and the problem is the huge dependency
> list. Thomas (the maintainer) prefers to make sure that everything
> works before the update is pushed, instead of the usual
> break-then-fix rawhide-ism. I think that testing an application by a
> person who does not use it on a daily basis makes little sense, hence
> this initiative. I have prepared updated packages:
> http://belegdol.fedorapeople.org/twisted/
> They build fine, and at least telepathy-sunshine works properly. So,
> if you own a twisted-dependent package, please check if it still
> functions as intended after installing these updated packages. This
> would hopefully bring updated twisted in Fedora closer to reality.

ipython also seems to work and didn't notice any regressions because of
an updated twisted so far.

+1 for updating

	Thomas

P.S. It's likely, that there will be 'soon' a new release of ipython,
which doesn't depend on twisted anymore, but on ZMQ - currently under
review awaiting (#603233 and #603245).