source url when upstream disappears (geocities)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Jul 18 16:41:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:09:01 +1000
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

...snip...

> Should I update the URL ?
> I was thinking to comment the original URL & Source indicating the
> original site, but then change the tagged lines to the oocities
> versions.

I would think it would be fine to add a note to the spec with the orig
link and change them to the new oocities one. Makes sure the Source
link downloads the same thing that you are using (same md5sum).

You should be able to see if the source changes by md5sum I would think?
Just like any other site that might be tampered with...

kevin