trouble locally reproducing koji build error

Zach Carter z.carter at f5.com
Mon Jul 19 16:11:15 UTC 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 01:15:43 Andreas Schwab wrote:
> John5342 <john5342 at gmail.com> writes:
> > Well the problem is obvious.
>
> Very obvious, indeed.
>
> > The line in the test program should be:
> >
> > boost::program_options::variables_map dummy()
> >
> > and not:
> >
> > boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map dummy()
> >
> > I however know very little about autotools (and don't intend on ever
> > learning either) so how to actually fix it is another matter.
>
> A trivial grep.
>
> define([testprog], [AC_LANG_PROGRAM([#include <boost/program_options.hpp>],
>
> [boost::program_options::variables_map::variables_map dummy()])])
>
> Andreas.

Thanks guys for the help.  I'll get a patch in this morning.

However....the question remains, why did it build just fine with the function
header as-is on a rawhide machine and in my local mockbuild, but not when the
build was run on the koji server?  Some difference in the autotools, g++
compiler, boost?   Any theories?

It doesn't seem good at all to have unknown differences in behavior between the
developer build environment and and official build environment.

-Zach