source url when upstream disappears (geocities)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jul 19 19:01:02 UTC 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010, James Findley wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 06:32 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > No. Drop it if it gives 404 Not Found.
>
> rpmlint will occasionally complain that a url is invalid even when it
> isn't.  google code projects, for example, often have this issue.  If
> the url actually is valid but rpmlint doesn't like it, I tend to ignore
> rpmlint.

Just for the record, I don't think this has anything to do about rpmlint
liking some URLs or not; if it reports 404, that's what it got at the moment
it was run.  Google code is known for these kinds of (apparently transient)
problems, for example the source check results regularly posted on this list
show the same issue.