Licensing Guidelines Update - Please Read

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 21:42:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> [xen-maint] xen: xen-doc-4.0.0-2.fc14.x86_64
> xen-libs-4.0.0-2.fc14.x86_64 xen-hypervisor-4.0.0-2.fc14.x86_64

I am a co-maintainer of the xen package, and I am trying to work out what
the best way to comply with these changes since xen is rather a mess of
licenses - I count 25 files or symbolic links called COPYING or LICENSE in
the unpacked source and the base level COPYING file talks about license
conditions at the head of some files. They all seem to be basically GPL,
LGPL or BSD with one case of The "Artistic License".
Should I include all the COPYING or LICENSE files, one of each type of
license (though some of the license files have different md5sums even when
they claim to be the same license) or just the bottom level COPYING file?

 	Michael Young