Question regarding dist-git aesthetics with branches

Christof Damian christof at damian.net
Tue Jul 20 07:54:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 00:33, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> wrote:
> My opinion is that a branch called F-<n>/master is the nicest thing.
> Actually, all else being equal, I'd probably go for it being called
> f<n>/master, since gratuitous caps and punctuation in branch names is
> not a normal git convention.  (But I only really care about the
> structure of the names, not the spelling.)

same here. I also prefer lower case. (package names and dist tags are
lower-case too).

I would avoid the magic with HEAD, it might be to confusing.

"master" might also be confusing, but I can't think of anything better
at the moment. "f13/update" or "f13/release" came to mind, but they
are not very good either.