Question regarding dist-git aesthetics with branches

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 21 03:55:24 UTC 2010

On 7/20/2010 19:13, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> BTW, while typing the above, I have noted that "master" or "devel" or
> "f13" are quite easy to type, while "F-13" with capital letter and
> hyphen is relatively complicated. Perhaps that could be an argument when
> choosing branch names.

Using names like f13, el5, and so forth would also keep dist-git
consistent with git branch naming conventions.  If we were to do
something like that we might as well just use the value of %{dist}.

If rawhide development is supposed to happen on origin/master, then how
do branches for rawhide work?  Does fedpkg just default to building for
rawhide when a branch doesn't appear in a release's "branch namespace?"