[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Jul 21 13:14:11 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> said:
> And as the general rule goes "native configuration breaks legacy
> configuration" so if a native systemd $service file does exist than
> changing service via chkconfig no longer will work.

As an admin, this is crap.  Where does this "general rule" come from?
As strong desire to piss off the people that actually use your software?

Frankly, if all this systemd goes in as announced here, I don't see
myself using Fedora much longer (and if this lands in RHEL 7, I'll be
switching my company systems as well).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>