Question regarding dist-git aesthetics with branches

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 21 14:53:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:39 +0200, Michal Hlavinka wrote:

> another less ugly (but still ugly) solution would be adding:
> Obsoletes: N-V-R.fc13
> Obsoletes: N-V-R.fc12
> in koji automatically for the same NVR as the package has, but I don't know if
> this would not make yum's depsolver cry

 Even assuming we could make sure that does the correct thing (it
probably would but I know it's not tested :), adding 40,000 obsoletes to
the repo. is ... let's say: unlikely to make yum faster.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.28
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumBenchmarks
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumHistory