Fedora packaging: unison?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 17:12:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 11:51 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > What was the initial reason for the 2.18 / 2.27 packaging
> > split? Is there any reason to continue to package multiple releases?
> > Should we just go back to having a single, 2.32-versioned 'unison'
> > package, or should we bump unison227 to be 2.32, or add a unison232
> > package?
>
> My memory[1] scares me sometimes.
>
> [1]
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-April/msg01229.html

Thanks, but afaics that thread doesn't really answer any of my
questions, it's just a bunch of yum technicalities about how the
implementation of having two packages actually works. What I'm
interested in is what was the original reason for having two branches
packaged, and do we still need to do it (or even have 3).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey