[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Jul 21 18:29:32 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> said:
> And when I say/here admin I'd expect to be talking about a human (not
> some kind of robot that has hardwired commands and can't adapt to
> changes).

If you only have to manage one system, good for you.  I have to manage a
bunch, and everything that is different _for_no_good_reason_ between
them is a PITA.  Yes, management scripts can be adapted, but now they
have to handle systems A-Z one way, systems AA-ZZ another (but
apparently not for all services, try to guess which?).  That makes an
admin unhappy and less likely to deploy any more of systems type AA-ZZ.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>