Question on SELinux AVC messages with systemd.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 18:38:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 02:30:03PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
 > On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 04:26:14PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
 >  > On Tue, 20.07.10 16:04, Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) wrote:
 >  >
 >  > > I am not entirely sure though why those processes actually access those
 >  > > dirs in this case. Maybe they are iterating through the files in /dev?
 >  > > Smells a bit broken to me.
 >  >
 >  > OK, the udevd is a result from /lib/udev/devices/ which is copied to
 >  > /dev early on boot by udevd. Kay says that this dir reeally should not
 >  > be put in /lib/udev/devices/.
 >  >
 >  > Still puzzled why LVM wants with /dev/mqueue though. Anybody from LVM
 >  > around who can say something about this?
 >
 > lvm is brain damaged.  strace lvm pvscan, and watch as it opens a bunch
 > of stuff that there's no way there'd ever be a volume on.
 > /dev/snd/*, tty's, usbmon etc etc

looking closer, it seems to be only stat'ing, instead of opening most of them,
which isn't quite so bad, but still pretty lame.

of those that it does open(),.. Is there seriously a use-case for someone wanting
lvm partitioned /dev/ram disks ? or /dev/loop ?

I think we could probably use some extra filter definitions in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

	Dave