[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Jul 22 02:46:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21.07.10 22:34, Sam Varshavchik (mrsam at courier-mta.com) wrote:

> Or, when Anaconda is in the middle of updating a system from a
> previous version of Fedora.
>
> Existing udev rules in /lib/udev/rules.d may result in udev
> attempting to execute commands or scripts that have not yet been
> updated from a previous fedora release. Hillarity ensues. Or, some
> of these rules may not yet be installed, in the case of a fresh
> install. More hillarity ensues.

I am not entirely sure how anaconda works, but let me say that
systemd-install is actually kinda smart and figures out if it is run in
a chroot (or on a non-systemd system) and then will only apply the
configuration changes but not actually start or stop anything. So
assuming that anaconda chroot()s into the installed system then
everything should be fine.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.