[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jul 22 03:12:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 03:49:21AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > So, um. This is not so awesome, because for logged output, the multi-line
> > format makes it hard to parse. And for human-readable output, it's got the
> > opposite problem: it's more than 80 columns, and it's very verbose,
> > burying the answer I want (is the thing running?) in the middle of the
> > paragraph, while telling me many things I probably don't care about.
> Jeez. I guess you cannot be helped.

Lennart, I am not trying to be helped. I am trying to help you. You can
listen, or you can argue.

> But anyway, I give up. If you keep looking long enough you'll find
> something you don't like in everything.

Yes. And if you listen to the things that people to whom you are trying to
sell your software dislike, you may be in a better position to improve that
software.

Or you can go back to Googling for things that support what you already want
to hear.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>