[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Jul 22 14:18:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21.07.10 23:56, Matthew Miller (mattdm at mattdm.org) wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 05:25:19AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Now, after discussing this over 2years with many folks and reading up on
> > launchd and SMF and the opinions on the net, we then distilled of the
> > requests a set of good features we wanted to implement. Some of those
>
> That is interesting and good for your project. I know you're intelligent and
> an great coder, and I have no problem with assuming you did an excellent job
> in your research. However, it is -- and I mean this as no insult -- only
> tangentially interesting to Fedora.

So, that's what you say. I say it is very much relevant for
Fedora. Now, who's right? It's unlikely that we can figure that out for
sure, given that Fedora is a lot of things to a lot of people, so our
two opposite opinions even out in a zero sum game.

Oh, if we only had a committee that would take steering decisions in the
area of engineering! [1]

Lennart

Footnote:

[1] Yes, you got the joke. FESCO accepted systemd as feature for F14 weeks ago.

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.