[dist-git] gitweb or list of all available Git repositories?

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 14:41:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are working on an Eclipse plug-in for Fedora Packagers, which provides tooling for RPM packaging for Fedora (without needing to resort to CLI). Since we are planning on supporting dist-git, it would be nice if there was a list of all Git repos we could query. For example, somebody interested in packaging, say eclipse-fedorapackager, but not knowing the exact name of the Git repository, might want to look for something like "eclipse-*". Then, one would get a list of available Git repos starting with "eclipse-" and the user could proceed with cloning the desired repository. In order to do this, we'd need a list of all available Git repositories available for Fedora packaging. Is something like that around? Will gitweb be available for dist-git any time soon? Are there other options we could use?

Thanks!
Severin