Partial mass rebuild for Python 2.7 coming soon (I hope)

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 17:07:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 11:28 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 08:39 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 02:00:45 -0400
> > > David Malcolm wrote:
> > >
> > > ...snip...

> > > Note that if you are not needing any changes in those packages you
> > > could just resubmit the failed builds. So, perhaps list all the fails
> > > and resubmit them all and see how many still fail?
> > >

> > What if we need to make changes to make them build? Shall we wait
> > until the mass rebuild is over or can we fix and build rightaway? If
> > the latter, under which tag should we build?
>
> Updated status:
>
> The first set of builds are done:
>   - 535 builds succeeded
>   - 436 build failed
>   - 1 build is stuck (python-cherrypy2-2.3.0-12.fc14.src.rpm, noarch
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2337424 )
>
> Many of the build failures seem to be purely due to missing build
> dependencies (because I didn't get ordering correct): you can see these
> by the failure happening in the "root.log", rather than the "build.log"
>
> I've kicked off a simple rebuild of everything that failed, using the
> same CVS tag, into "dist-f14-py27-rebuild".  This will generate more
> koji activity and notification spam (sorry), but shouldn't foul CVS and
> changelogs in specfiles.
>
> Hopefully this will shake out some more successful builds (python-nose
> wasn't available in the buildroot for much of last night).
>
> Once that's done, we can start looking at the more difficult failures.
>
> Attached is the list of failures from the first build.  Having said
> that, it's probably not particularly helpful yet, as I believe many of
> these failed due to missing build deps.  You may want to wait until the
> 2nd attempt at rebuilding is done: I'll post an updated list of failures
> then, and we can plan the next steps.
>
> Having said that, some of the failures seem to be simple but real
> issues, like extension modules missing a BuildRequires: python-devel
This turned out to be a bug in my python-2.7 package.

I messed up, and there's a bug in which python doesn't startup if
python-devel is not installed, which led to the majority of the "noarch"
builds failing.  [1]

Sorry about that.  I'm working on a fixed python package.

Dave

[1] for reference, here's the traceback:
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.eEtMlg
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 531, in main
    known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 264, in addusersitepackages
    user_site = getusersitepackages()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 239, in getusersitepackages
    user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 229, in getuserbase
    USER_BASE = get_config_var('userbase')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 518, in get_config_var
    return get_config_vars().get(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 421, in get_config_vars
    _init_posix(_CONFIG_VARS)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 285, in _init_posix
    raise IOError(msg)
IOError: invalid Python installation: unable to
open /usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)