[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Jul 22 17:08:04 UTC 2010

> Heya,
>
> as many of you probably know systemd got accepted as feature for F-14 by
> FESCO a few weeks back.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd

I just want to say that I am excited to explore this new system, but very
concerned about its current user interface (disclosure - I'm a sysadmin :-) as
it strikes me (from a very quick first impression only) as overly complex and
a bit clunky.  I am doubly concerned that as soon as this lands in a released
version of a distro, it's interface will become fixed.  So, I would counsel
patience in working through these issues, and that if this means slipping a
release, so be it.

I'm also wondering where would be the best place to discuss these issues, as
this thread is quite unwieldy.  Here?  systemd-devel?  bugzilla?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com