[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 17:46:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 09:22 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> I am not getting the message from this thread that systemd developers
> believe that. Rather, we get "it's clearly a matter of taste and
> bike-shedding", and "I probably shouldn't even have bothered to even reply
> to this mail of yours."

Matt, anyone can pull two quotes out of an ongoing thread and make
someone look bad. I'd have no trouble doing the same for you in this
thread. Lennart has already posted messages making it clear he's
considering, has already accepted or even has already implemented
several suggestions from this thread. It's simply disingenuous to
suggest he's not listening to feedback.

Can we please stick to the technical issues here? That is, how we should
implement systemd to make the transition from upstart/sysv as painless
as possible, and perhaps some semantic improvements to the parameters
and command names Lennart has chosen for systemd. These really don't
need to be emotive issues.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey