[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jul 22 23:59:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 01:49:12AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > My impression from the documentation is that systemd-install enable will
> > cause the service to be enabled on the next reboot.  Is that not
> > correct?
> Yes, unless you aks the init system to reload.

Wait, am I correct in understanding that (pseudocode -- actual commands may
be wrong):

  systemctl enable apache.service

will not cause apache to be started immediately, but

  systemctl enable postfix.service
  systemctl daemon-reload

will cause postfix to start, and as a side-effect also start the apache that
was enabled earlier but not intended to start?

That would be surprising!

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>