[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 23 01:07:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22.07.10 19:08, Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Now that everybody has been (re)informed we can go back on focusing
> > working out these issues together without any negativity on any ones behalf.
> >
> This may not be true.  No packaging guidelines have been put forth
> for systemd yet so I cannot know:
>
> * if we continue to require sysVinit scripts in the guidlines, this is true.
> * If we don't, then sysadmins that have to install packages without sysvinit
>   scripts will have to deal with writing their own init scripts.

My take on this is that sysvinit scripts should be a requirement, and
systemd unit files an optional addition. Given that the guidelines have
not been updated in any way this is basically what the guideliness
currently say.

And the for F15 we can reinvestiaget this.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.