[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 23 11:31:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22.07.10 23:25, Simo Sorce (ssorce at redhat.com) wrote:

> > I think this scheme is really simply now, as the operations issued are
> > first class commands, and no switches necessary. Also, the verbs here
> > are 1:1 from the LSB specs, and hence should offer no surprises to
> > anybody.
> >
> > Everybody happy?
>
> I am personally quite happy, this looks much much better.
>
> Juyst one very minor nitpick, why
>  systemctl enable foo.service
> instead of
>  systemctl enable service foo ?
>
> And of course
>  systemctl enable socket bar
> etc...

For simplicity's sake we thought it would be smart to ensure that the
unit names are actually identical to the unit configuration files they
are configured in on disk. i.e. you'll find the configuration for a unit
"foobar.service" in the configuration file "foobar.service". And for a
socket "waldo.socket" in the file "waldo.socket". And so on.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.