[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jul 23 14:29:18 UTC 2010

Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
> Let's go off into a tangent:
>
> Just booted my x86_64 rawhide box (up to date) into systemd. SELinux is
> enforcing.

Boot worked, but the machine got stuck on shudown. Had to power off. Thanks
$DEITY for journalling filesystems...

I saw comments on selinux-policy-targeted-3.8.8-3.fc14.noarch (today's
update) that might be relevant here, will check later.

BTW, why isn't there a specfile inside the git repo for systemd? That might
be the best way to get masoch^Winterested testers to check out the latest
versions that are being discussed here (as command names and flags are
still somewhat in flux, following the discussion can get hard).

Another point that has been bothering me: systemd will run with _very_ high
privileges under SELinux (being able to impersonate a lot of infrastructure
services is almost as good as being root with traditional Unix security).
So its requirements (software wise) should be as minimal as possible (to
make a thorough audit feasible). But it requires gtk+ and vala to build.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513