Python 2.7 rebuild: maintainer help needed (please!)

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 20:21:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 20:31 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 02:07:50PM -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > <dt>rjones (1):</dt>
> > <dd><a href="http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2344290">coccinelle</a></dd>
>
> Even the latest upstream version seems to be incompatible with Python
> 2.7.  I'll take a closer look at the problems and if I can fix them,
> submit a fix upstream.
Thanks.

I glanced at this, looks like PyEval_CallObject was slightly reworked in
2.7
http://bugs.python.org/issue8276
http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Python/ceval.c?r1=79555&r2=79554&pathrev=79555

In theory /usr/include/python2.7/ceval.h has this:
#define PyEval_CallObject(func,arg) \
    PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords(func, arg, (PyObject *)NULL)

and that's #include-d by /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h

Is that being being #include-d?

> BTW, I noticed you didn't try rebuilding python-libguestfs.  Was this
> an oversight or perhaps I don't understand which packages need to be
> rebuilt?

This could have been a bug in my script.  For some reason "libguestfs"
doesn't show up in a koji query for the tag "dist-f14-py27-rebuild".

I've manually bumped the spec and it's rebuilding now for the 2.7
target:

Hope this helps
Dave