Seeking to merge python 2.7 into rawhide

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 14:16:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 19:38 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 21:27 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > Current status: 114 failing builds
> > http://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/python-packaging/failures-2010-07-26-02.html
> >
> > See also the notes on:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7#Current_status
> >
> > Many of these appear to be pre-existing FTBFS; as far as I can make out,
> > the #includes for parts of the GTK stack are substantially broken in
> > rawhide.
> >
> > Can we get all of the hundreds of successful builds into rawhide before
> > it drifts further?
>
> Some of the ones that are broken look like fairly important things which
> we really wouldn't want to be broken in Rawhide when we're trying to
> build the Alpha test compose (Thursday):
>
>     farsight2
>     telepathy-farsight
Both of these are now built (thanks!)

> openoffice.org
Failed to build inside %install, inside unxlngi6.pro/misc/smoketest/user

> libgpod
Working on this

> abrt
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
CCApplet.cpp: In member function 'void CApplet::Disable(const char*)':
CCApplet.cpp:364:72: error: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 4 of 'void gdk_pixbuf_saturate_and_pixelate(const GdkPixbuf*, GdkPixbuf*, gfloat, gboolean)'

I don't believe this is a python 2.7 error.

> revelation (okay, okay, i'm sneaking this one in because *i* depend on
> it :>)
Blocked by GTK header breakage; hope to look at this later today

> bodhi(!)
Isn't this the server-side component?  Does the production bodhi server
run on top of rawhide?

>     alacarte
Rebuilt

>     gnome-applets
Working on this

>     gnome-games
Rebuilt

> python-fedora
Blocked by TurboGears; hope to look at this later today