KDE-SIG meeting report (30/2010)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 15:51:11 UTC 2010

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics
that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
 to this
email or add it to the related meeting
page.

-------------

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 30/2010

Time: 2010-07-27 14:00
UTC

Meeting page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-07-27

Meeting
minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-07-27/kde-sig.2010-07-2
7-14.02.html

Meeting log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-07-27/kde-sig.2010-07-2
7-14.02.log.html
----------------------

= Participants =
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Kevin Kofler
*
Rex Dieter
* Steven Parrish
* Than Ngo
* Radek Novacek
* Thomas
Janssen

---------------

= Agenda =
 #  topics to discuss:

    * kde-4.5 rc3 status

   * Sebastian Trueg recommends to set /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches
to very high value for Nepomuk
    * Solid DeviceKit backend

= Summary
=
kde-4.5 rc3 status

    * kdegames trademark issues
          o can we
omit affected games (and move to RPM Fusion?)
                + not easy to
maintain -trademark patch
                + games, handbook, translations
tied to it...
          o ACTION: jreznik to contact kde legal and kdegames
maintainers about trademark issues
          o ACTION: than to provide list
of affected files
    * otherwise kde-4.5 rc3 is built and already in
kde-unstable repo

set /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches to very high
value for Nepomuk

    * Sebastian Trueg recommends it on kde-packagers
mailing list
    * we're not sure what does it mean for us
what's happen when limit is reached?
          o what about memory
consumption when higher number is set?
                + ACTION: jreznik to
ask Sebastian
    * mjg59 says it's probably justifiable to increase it and
he thinks increasing the value increases memory usage in itself, but it does
increase the amount of kernel resources a user can allocate
    * ACTION:
rdieter to contact fedora devel/kernel folks about raising
/proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

Solid DeviceKit backend

    *
ltinkl is working on dk backend, targetting Fedora 15 and KDE 4.6

open
discussion

    * rdieter would like to throw out a tease that there's a
good chance we'll be bringing a good qt/kde presence to fudcon zurich ,
pending some financial/logistical details

--------

= Next Meeting
=

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-08-03