Python 2.7 status: python2.7 is in dist-f14

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 16:25:52 UTC 2010

> David Malcolm (dmalcolm at redhat.com) said:
> > A further 26 builds in dist-f14-py27-rebuild had newer builds in
> > rawhide, so we'll need to rebuild these; some are important e.g. yum and
> > anaconda (see [1] again).
>
> Oof. In the future, can we make sure we just don't move these builds
> that override newer builds?

Looks like a bug in the script that I used; it was meant to not move
them, but in fact it did.

> I was doing rebuilds against the new boost, and the fact that the older
> one was tagged over means that 5-10 of them now need rebuilt again,
> as the buildroot went backwards.

Looking at boost, the log [1] contains:
"Newer build found for boost."
so it wasn't meant to have been moved.

However, looking at boost builds [2], I see:
boost-1.41.0-13.fc14 built into dist-f14-py27-rebuild _did_ get moved
into dist-f14.

Sorry about this.

It looks like oget has since built boost-1.44.0-0.3.fc14 into dist-f14
against python2.7, so presumably further builds in dist-f14 will pick up
the correct version of boost.

Looking at the script [3], it looks like the indentation of the call to
kojisession.tagBuildBypass(target, build) is wrong; it should be guarded
by the "if not newer" conditional.  Patch attached.

Grepping the log indicates that the list of 26 packages for which a
newer build was replaced with an older build is:
Django-south
PyXML
akonadi
anaconda
boost
fonttools
gdb
gwibber
hplip
kdepimlibs
libgsf
libselinux
livecd-tools
mapserver
pacemaker
policycoreutils
python-pyblock
python-toscawidgets
setroubleshoot
source-highlight
tryton
vips
virtaal
xapian-bindings
yum
zinnia

All of these would have needed a rebuild anyway, and some already have
been rebuilt.

Dave

[1]
http://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/python-packaging/mass-tag-from-dist-f14-py27-rebuild-into-dist-f14.txt