Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 16:44:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 19:16 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > We was delayed in F-12 (two weeks) and in F-13 (two weeks), probably
> > we'll have a final version for Firefox 4 before or a bit after we
> > release F-14. Another thing, we can test a lot and assist in upstream
> > during our testing phase.
> > It's +1 for me.
> >

> If Fedora didn't have stability issues I'd be all for it, but we do.  And
> part of it is because we shoot from the hip with stuff like this.  If
> Mozilla doesn't think it's ready yet, I don't know why we would think it
> is.

I don't see why we can't just ship with 3.x and ship 4.0 as an update
when it comes out (assuming it doesn't suck). Yes, Board stable updates
vision and blah blah, but Firefox is something that people *will* go out
and download the latest version of if you don't provide it for them. So
I'd probably be happiest going that way.

(Having said that, I'm running 4.0b1 from upstream on one of my systems
and it works absolutely fine...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey