Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?

Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) ngompa13 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:47:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No disagreement here ... in fact this is a not really a "baby step"
> but "have something usable and start from there" which makes a lot of
> sense.

As much as I want Chromium to be in Fedora, I don't want it in the
repository if it is going to have crippled HTML5 support. It will make
Fedora look even worse than it already does for multimedia support. As for
Firefox 4, I'd rather have a beta included in Fedora than an older version.
However, Firefox 4 is tracked for an October 15 release. As far as I'm
aware, Fedora 14 is still tracked for an October 26. Even if Fedora 14's
release schedule doesn't slip (and we know it will, there's not been a
release in a long time that Fedora hasn't slipped), the final version of
Firefox 4 should be ready in time for final release of Fedora 14.