coprs and personal repos: [Was: Re: Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?]

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 00:20:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 03:21:51PM +0800, Liang Suilong wrote:
> It looks that copr will come soon. I have a question about it.
>
> Could we add some dependencies from other copr repo? Fedora official repo
> sometimes could not offer the latest one but some packages need them.

yes.  The idea is that when you create a copr repo you'll specify what other
repositories to target.  The minimum would likely be Fedora-VER
+ Fedora-VER-updates.  In addition you will be able to specify other copr
repositories that target the same Fedora-VER and possibly
Fedora-VER-updates-testing (not precisely sure about that last one yet.)

-Toshio