Testing Fedora? Please enable SELinux if you can

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 23:52:19 UTC 2010

I've been asked by FESCo to post this public service announcement :)

We'd just like to remind those who test Fedora, in whatever
way...running a stable release with updates-testing, running Rawhide,
being a proven tester (especially)...that it's best if you test with
SELinux enabled and enforcing. This is the default configuration of
Fedora, so we need testers to be running with this configuration so we
don't miss problems that show up when SELinux is running.

For proven testers, I actually added a section about this to the
instructions recently -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester#Testing_process .

We recognize there may be situations when SELinux causes problems and
you need to make it permissive or turn it off temporarily, but please
try and keep it turned on if you possibly can, and if you're in a
situation where you need to disable it, please let the developers know
by filing a bug, so they can fix it and you can turn it back on. Thanks
a lot!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey