The move to git!

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 12:43:58 UTC 2010

On 07/30/2010 05:55 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> starts to spread ( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_Fedora_GIT is a
> good start ).

I made:

fedpkg clone python-debian
cd python-debian
fedpkg switch-branch f14
  edit spec file
fedpkg commit -m 'edit changelog entry' -p
fedpkg push

And the last thep did not updated that remote branch.
I had to manualy run:

git push origin f14:f14/master

which done what I really wanted. This is bug or I done something wrong?

Additionaly: how the new tags in git are going to appear. Is is supposed
to create fedpkg? Or should I manually create it using "git tag" and
"git push --tags"?

And btw: Thx. Big thx. Now I can really see what I did, which was in cvs
impossible (at least with my level of laziness).

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering