cgit instead of gitweb?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 14:09:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:01:47 -0500 (CDT)
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> > > We are.
> > >

> > When will this webpage be available? It is being loaded here since
> > last night. I have been told that the cgi is doing some caching. Any
> > progress report on this?
> >

> It is but the massive number of packages seems to be a problem.  We'll
> figure something out, for now just go to the package you're looking
> for:
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=nagios.git
>
> 	-Mike

Mike can't we just have a statically generated page for the root, and
there have links to the single packages, maybe in subpages divided by
groups, or alphabetically ?

Yes, having the status of the repos on the first page is neat but not
worth killing the server for it.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York