Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 30 19:13:54 UTC 2010

Mike McGrath wrote:
> If Fedora didn't have stability issues I'd be all for it, but we do.

No we don't. Shipping almost-final releases and upgrading them to final ASAP
is something we have successfully done for ages (including for Firefox). It
has always worked out great.

> And part of it is because we shoot from the hip with stuff like this.

Citation needed…

I don't see a problem in the first place, and even less how that particular
practice would be causing one.

> If Mozilla doesn't think it's ready yet, I don't know why we would think
> it is.

Because we're Fedora, not Ubuntu. Our very objectives are to ship the latest
and greatest, and we shouldn't give that up just because of a few days of
difference in schedules.

Why all this trend to destroy what Fedora is all about? If people want old,
"tried" (but with bugs which are already fixed upstream and missing features
which are already implemented upstream!) stuff, there are (and have always
been) plenty of other distributions for them to choose from. Fedora should
be different!

        Kevin Kofler