Testing Fedora? Please enable SELinux if you can

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Fri Jul 30 19:15:20 UTC 2010

On 07/30/2010 09:51 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> I decided to respond to these emails about Google Applications in a blog
> entry
>
> http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/37067.html

Thanks for addressing this. Specifically about the mmap_zero problem, is
there a way to set mmap_low_allowed only for this single app running
under wine, or does it have to be a system-wide Wine setting? I think
it's the latter.

Since Wine is just a platform to run other programs, the real question
here is 'is it in general safe to enable this', and you seem to imply
that there _are_ serious security consequences. I was concerned myself
and I haven't enabled it on my system.