Firefox 4 for Fedora 14?

Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:26:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 07/31/2010 12:41 AM, Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) wrote:
> >
> > Uhh... Firefox 4 GA is before F14 even goes into GA stage. So, that
> > isn't true. Firefox 4 could be included in Fedora 14, and it should be.
> >

> Provide a reference for that. Fedora 14 release schedule is
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/14/Schedule
>

> Rahul

Hmm, okay.

I was only aware of the October 26 release date before now.

Anyway, here's the Firefox 4 milestone list:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/4/Beta#Milestones

October 15 is when they go into total freeze and produce release candidates
and then the final release.

Fedora composes the Final on October 12, but that assumes that we're not
going to slip one or two weeks as we have for every release of Fedora for
the last couple years. If we slip, and Mozilla pushes out the GA before
Final is composed, that could be slipped in.

Either way, we could still squeeze in a Firefox 4 Beta and push out the
final or an RC as a post install update. Then later Fedora Unity will
generate a spin that will include Firefox 4 GA.

We've never had problems with including Firefox betas before, so why now?
Fedora is the premier distro for getting the latest and greatest software,
not just the stuff that everyone else has. It is why I use Fedora over
Ubuntu or some other distro.