fedora-packager and Python 2.7 problem

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 21:29:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 22:03 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

> > I vote +1.
> >
> > This package is vital. We need to get things going.
> >
> > Orcan
>
> Well, workaround added in notify-python-0.1.1-13.fc1{4,5}. For F-14
> I submitted push request.

There's also a fixed pygtk2 awaiting review:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pygtk2-2.17.0-7.fc14

I'm currently setting up a VM with current F14 and py27 (my desktop just
has too many currently-broken-with-py27 packages installed for it to be
feasible to update to py27 yet) to test these and I'll get feedback up
as soon as I can. notify-python isn't critpath so it can be pushed
whenever Mamoru feels like it, but pygtk2 is critpath so it will need
positive feedback from someone else in addition to me for it to be
pushed, so if someone could test it and provide feedback that would be
great.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey