[Test-Announce] Proven Testers: now working on Fedora 14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 01:16:01 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone. Just a heads-up to proven testers: now Fedora 14 has been
branched, the proven tester process is in effect for Fedora 14 packages.
Just like Fedora 13, critical path updates for Fedora 14 (even while
it's in development) will require +1 from a proven tester and +1 from
someone different. So, we really need proven testers to start testing
those F14 packages!

If you have a spare system you can run Fedora 14 on, or you can set up a
VM, or you're feeling particularly adventurous and you have a fallback
system in case F14 breaks your main system, please do go ahead and put
F14 on there. Installing F14 direct is currently a bit tricky, but what
you can do is install F13 live and then update to F14; you may have to
remove a couple of packages to make this work right now, soon it should
work without problems.

Then you can follow the proven tester procedure exactly as you would
with a released version - all the same repositories exist,
fedora-easy-karma will (should!) work, and the updates go through Bodhi.
Thanks a lot!

Right now we have one critpath update we want to get approved ASAP -
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pygtk2-2.17.0-7.fc14 . I've
already filed a +1 on it, but it needs confirmation. There may be others
of which I'm not yet aware.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey