systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Jun 1 00:00:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 26.05.10 19:39, Alexander Boström (abo at root.snowtree.se) wrote:

> ons 2010-05-26 klockan 10:01 +0100 skrev James Findley:
>
> > It's really not at all uncommon for me to need to modify an init script.
> >   There would be much rage if in order to do this I had to download the
> > SRPM, extract the init code, figure out what I needed to change, modify
> > it, recompile then install.
>
> Various ways to deal with that:
>
> 1. Change the Exec=/usr/libexec/food to
> ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/foodwrapper

Yes, that works well.

> 2. Add some hook support in the systemd config files.

We actually have that in place already. You can hook in as many shell
scripts as you want, like this:

ExecStartPre=/some/shell/script/to/run/before/the/daemon
ExecStartPost=/some/shell/script/to/run/after/the/daemon
ExecStopPre=...
ExecStopPost=...

> 3. Add support for switching specific services back to using the
> initscript even when booting with systemd.

You can easily do that, simply by renaming the .service file.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net