libjpeg for F14

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Jun 1 11:00:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:51:56PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Adam Tkac wrote:
> > On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 05:33:38PM +0200, Adam Tkac wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm going to create a Fedora feature for this task.
> >
> > Done. You can check
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/libjpeg-turbo.
> >

> Thanks. Is there an SRPM we can give it a test?

Yes, I just created it, check
http://atkac.fedorapeople.org/libjpeg-turbo. I also updated the
feature page because no package linked against current libjpeg needs
to be rebuilt, libjpeg-turbo is API/ABI compatible. You can simply
build & install libjpeg-turbo and you should immediately see
performance benefits.

If you prefer to test libjpeg-turbo in more conservative way you can
build SRPM and then extract libjpeg.so from it
(`rpm2cpio libjpeg-turbo.rpm | cpio -id`) and simply LD_PRELOAD it.

Regards, Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.